Friday, 10 October 2014

two years + birthday celebrations!

I know some of you on ask.fm have been waiting forever for me to post this (I'm so sorry omg pls forgive) so without any more delay, this is what I did for my two year anniversary + 19th birthday! 
The 22nd of September was my anniversary with my bf and to celebrate we went to climb the Sydney harbour bridge!! I thought it'd be a awesome thing to surprise him with since it was something neither of us had ever done before and I thought it'd be a cool gift

When we got there they made us change into these blue and grey onesies 


Such fashionable much trendy HAHAHA 


This was taken when we were at the very top of the bridge!!! It was kind of scary but cool at the same time because we could see all the cars driving underneath us!! Anyway the whole experience cost around $600 for two people and took approx. 3 hours. It's kind of expensive but worth it in my opinion because I really enjoyed it

We had a few hours to kill so I think we just went to my uni and studied because I had a marketing exam the next day............ After hours and hours of solid study (jokes I had a nap while Patrick watched Man vs Wild) 8:30 finally came and we headed over to Rockpool bar and grill for dinner. I love Rockpool man Sokyo and Rockpool are my favourite places in Sydney to eat kdlfjskjdf I wish I could eat their food everyday omg

Ok to start, we tried this Alaskan king crab (????) dish and it was so nice and light, yet full of flavour and texture 10/10 would order again


The one in the middle is this pork belly and squid thing but wasn't that interesting because we've gotten it a few times before LOL


This one isn't that interesting either because I always get it heheheh still my favourite main 


Patrick's main - he got some beef and mushroom and celeriac puree thing with onions (omg I'm just listing everything in the photo because I forgot what it was). It was pretty good, normally I don't like things that taste like celery but I really liked that puree


Dessert! Ok other people say this is really good but I personally didn't enjoy it that much.. It's an open ice cream sandwich with different flavoured icecreams and a brownie thing on the bottom idk the ice creams had a strong alcohol flavour maybe that's why I didn't like it??

After dinner Patrick just drove me back to my house because I had exams the next morning and needed to sleep.. 


When I got home I saw these roses waiting for me on the table hehe how cute thank youuuu!

Fast forward one week - my exams are finished and I'm on mid semester break woooooo thank goodness my birthday was during the holidays or Patrick's plan wouldn't have worked at all.. On the day before my birthday, he picked me up and we started driving to some mystery place up north??? For once I had no idea what we were doing?! Like every other time he plans something he ends up giving it away but this time I actually had no clue until I saw a sign a couple hours later saying 'Hunter Valley' LOL. Once we got there, we checked into our hotel then went out to have lunch and explore the place


EVERYTHING IS SO NICE AND GREEN OMG


Lunch!! Mine looks so healthy compared to Patrick's LOL I got a salad and he got a meat pie


No filter needed *u*

The sun started setting so we headed back to the hotel and watched tv for a while before going out to eat. Patrick told me the place we were eating was rated the best restaurant in the Hunter Valley so I was pretty excited for our dinner hehe. The restaurant we ate at was called Botanica and it was about 15 minutes away from our hotel. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but there aren't any street lights in the whole area so getting there and back was pretty scary HAHA


Since we didn't go around any of the vineyards earlier, we decided to order some in the restaurant omg yuckcjkjuck I really don't like the taste of wine!!!!! We thought that maybe our taste buds had changed since the last time we had wine but nope LOL


Cute little pre meal snack thing idk what it's called


Zucchini flowers with ricotta and corn and some leaves and some fancy bacon (that's the best I could do), I really liked this dish!


Patrick's entree, I forgot what it was but it was a pork dish and had a lot of asian flavours in it

Steak with gnocchi and tomatoes and peas and butter and leaves mmmmm


Patrick's one kind of makes me think of a deconstructed meat pie??? It was pretty good as well


My dessert was basically a giant macaron with ice cream in the middle LOL


and Patrick's dessert was a lemon tart with some snacks and shit on the side

Overall it was a pretty good dinner, I'd give it hmmmm 8/10 :-)

THE NEXT DAY IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND WE WOKE UP AT 4:30AM TO GO ON A HOT AIR BALLOOOOON!!!!!!!! This was the part of our trip I was looking forward to the most and it did not disappoint me one bit heheh


It was so early we got to watch the sunrise while the balloon was being set up *u*


hehe


LOOK HOW BIG IT IS HOLy shit


About to leave!!! It looks like a nice warm morning but no omfg I was freezing and I didn't bring a jumper with me so Patrick lent me his and he ended up borrowing the one he's wearing from someone else. He looks so funny with it on HAHA makes him look like a dad 


Finally in the air!! The views from the balloon were so pretty


We ended up going so high I felt like we were in an airplane

After flying around for about an hour, we landed in someone's fucking frontyard HAHAHAHA IMAGINE SEEING THAT OMG YOU WALK OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND THERE'S A FUCKING GIANT BALLOON IN YOUR FRONTYARD HAHAHA anyway that was fun, you should all try it if you get the chance ^-^

 We went back to the hotel straight after we finished our balloon ride because it was too early and we needed some more sleep... then when we woke up again we headed back out to the Hunter Valley gardens!!! Look how beautiful and vibrant it was wow!!


 Jokes loool this is what we saw:


I think they were preparing for the summer holidays or something because a lot of the flowers were gone?? Nevertheless it was still a beautiful place even without the flowers ..




At around 3 in the afternoon we had to leave the Hunter Valley because I had a family dinner to go to. Even though the trip was only 2 days, I had a really good time! Patrick did well surprising me too man I was so unprepared and not dressed for the activities we did.. I'm really grateful though, it was so sweet of him to do all this for me. Anyways I'll definitely be going back one day heheh there's so much more I want to do like visit the vineyards and ride in a helicopter *u* 

When I got back home I saw this on the table waiting for me and I was excited but confused at first because I thought they were from Patrick LOL but it was actually from Jessica (if you're reading this then thank you again!!!!!) 


OK THIS POST IS GETTING SO LONG AND I'M NOT EVEN UP TO SATURDAY LOL CEEbs the rest of my birthday was just spent eating and celebrating with my family at a restaurant in Cabramatta


We look the same age LOL


20 portions heheheikjflsdkjglsijgfl I ended up eating like 6 all together (not at once though omg)

Edit - I'm at uni right now and I just finished my work for today so I thought I'll quickly finish this post before it's too late and nobody cares anymore...... Ok on Saturday I had a birthday dinner + karaoke + clubbing with some of my close friends. It was a pretty good night, I'm glad most people could make it heheeh

First off we had dinner at Criniti's Woolloomooloo - usually Criniti's is pretty good but this time everything was so slow and we ended up being there for like 2 hours because the food took so long.. The food was nice though!



Ordered some massive drink for the lols

We headed to Dynasty karaoke after dinner and yeah that was pretty good! I was trying to make everyone drink so it wouldn't be as awkward there LOL sober karaoke is always so quiet and nobody wants to choose songs or sing


Can you guys see Angelo on the very left HAHAHAHA 



Dynasty have mirrors in the actual toilet cubicle omg everywhere should do this




Omg I went to the bathroom for a while and when I came back everyone except Patrick was gone and I was all like omg :(((( Patrick was making me believe everyone wanted to leave but then suddenly they all came back with this cake and sang happy birthday HAHAHA it was really sweet of them I had to hold back d tears

Finally I'm up to clubbing wooo

We went to Embassy night club at Hilton hotel and at first I didn't really want to go because apparently it's rnb all night but it actually turned out quite good! I think we danced for like 3-4 hours before going home heheh 


Almost everyone! 



I bumped into one of my tutors at uni omg LOL he bought me a birthday drink which was cool


Accidentally stepped into a hole in the ground and destroyed the back of my new Louboutins :'(((( THEY DIDN'T EVEN LAST ONE DAY WITHOUT BEING RUINED LOL

That's all for this post, hopefully it wasn't too long and boring! Anyways I hope everyone had a good mid semester break/school holidays and if you're doing the HSC right now I wish you the best of luck!!!!! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment