On Wednesday I met up with one of my high school friends to eat lunch. If you follow me on twitter, I tweeted about how sad I was that I have no friends who love food but yay Helen does!!!! We decided to check out the grounds of Alexandria since there's always so much hype about it and neither of us had been there before. My first thought was that it would be a small hipster cafe like the ones in Newtown HAHA but it wasn't like that at all omg when we were trying to find it we thought we were in the wrong place because the whole area was so industrial.. The actual grounds place was huge and they even had a farm??!?! We were told there was a 45 minute wait so we went and explored the place and take selfies heh. Good place to take photos, it was all nice and floral and decorated and rustic (did I use that word right lolol)
Took these on an app hahaha we look so flawless and our hair looks so smooth omg I wish
I got a rose lemonade while we were waiting since I was so hungry. Really floral tasting but it was quite nice!
After 45 minutes (or maybe even less, it didn't feel that long) we got a table and ordered our food. I got the 'breakfast burger' and Helen got beef ribs. Both were pretty good! I would definitely recommend this place if it's a nice and sunny day and you don't mind waiting.
We were both so full from lunch but there is always room left for dessert! Messina opened up this new dessert bar in Darlinghurst so we headed up there only to find out the dessert bar wasn't open until 5pm :((((( so we got a whole tub of icecream instead HAHA.
Left to right - honey I burnt the kids (fucking so embarrassing to say out loud), bounty, and pandan coconut mmmm
Overall a pretty good day with lots of delicious food. Hopefully I'll be able to try out more restaurants these holidays ^-^
No comments:
Post a Comment