okay for some reason this has been my most highly requested topic to blog about so I probably shouldn't leave it any longer or else some of you might go crazy like this person lol..
well okay for starters my skin isn't that oily - I have combination skin (I think) so my oil is mainly just around my nose and sometimes my forehead. I have some tips on how to stop oily skin but I'm not an expert at this ok so it might not work for you
1. cleanse your face everyday
not washing your face daily can make your skin very oily and disgusting. during the day there's a lot of build up of oil and dirt that has to be cleaned off or the oil will just get worse and worse. there's so many different types of cleansers and some of them are actually made for people with oily skin! I looked it up and apparently cleansers with these ingredients are good for controlling oil: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid
2. don't wash your face toooooooooo much
washing your face is good but overdoing it may cause your face to dry out, therefore producing more oil. maximum should be 2 times a day so morning and night is enough
3. make sure your skin is always moisturised
you might think since your skin is already oily you don't need to moisturise it because it will get more oily but that is definitely not true, especially if you have acne and are using products to stop the acne (those often make your skin very dry). use a moisturiser that is water based and not oil based so there's no extra oil on your skin from the moisturiser
3. don't touch your face so much
self explanatory LOL your hands are so dirty why would you let that shit on your face man
4. use face masks at night
some places have face masks specifically for oily skin and some of them work really well from what I've heard
5. blotting paper
I don't know if these really work but I always see a lot of people using blotting paper in school. you put it on the oily parts of your face and apparently it's supposed to collect the oil? it looks kinda gross on the paper like you can see it turn from opaque to clear because of all the oil so maybe that' a good sign it's working!
OR YOU CAN WEAR MAKEUP ( I got a question about this too but I can't find it)
ALRIGHT NEXT SECTION
- moisturiser first
- then primer to help your makeup actually stay on your face properly for longer
- bb cream or foundation (try to buy an oil free foundation for better results)
- concealer if you need to cover up any blemishes
- PowDerRRRRrrRRrRRr very important
- powder is seriously an instant life saver when you have oily skin because just a little bit can hide any oil LOL during the day my skin can sometimes start to get shiny so I just ya know cover it up with some powder
I don't really want to go into that much detail with makeup because it's pretty easy to do just slap everything on your face and you done (but not too much or you will look like a delicious cake)
sorry I got lazy near the end but you get what I mean
:-)
:-)





No comments:
Post a Comment